Improving energy efficiency
We are committed to both reducing our energy consumption and improving our energy efficiency by means of continual improvement; from changes to buildings and equipment right through to process adjustments, the areas with potential are broad.
Some of the measures already implemented include (but are not limited to) the usage of time switches for a better targeted operation of pumps for chemical supply; early replacement of FAMU (fresh air makeup unit) particle filters; and a more efficient regulation of building heating and cooling.
- Contribution to reducing CO2 emissions
- Transparency of all energy flows in the company
- Optimization of processes
- Systematic improvement of energy use, energy consumption and energy efficiency
"Plastic Logic Germany is committed to a long-term reduction of the company's energy consumption; the ISO 50001 process creates an awareness about energy and the carbon footprint on our environment."
Tim Burne, CEO
About DIN EN ISO 50001 energy management system
Based on the management system model of continual improvement, ISO 50001:2011 energy management can play a key role in an organization's improvement of quality and environmental management.
For more detailed information on this ISO standard, please visit the ISO browsing platform.
By providing a framework of requirements this energy management system allows organizations to:
- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy
- Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy
- Use data to better understand and make decisions about energy use
- Measure the results
- Review how well the policy works, and
- Continually improve energy management.